In the new code-spot I found this:
<b:include data='blog' name='google-analytics'/> </body>Which let me to believe, that my template is one of those, where the configured Tracking-ID should work (its not intended to work with all of them), because it seems that the tracking-code gets included here anyway and me postig it could only lead to errors. Then I just reverted the whole thing and pasted the code above </head> as intended by the Analytics-people. Still no data, though. Then I went to mad to sleep. In the next morning the Analytics-page told me that everything is fine and the data is being received.
So TL; DR: Just post the code where you are told and leave it be. Do not expect Analytics to be able to tell if its working right away, but sleep over it.
Addendum:
I tried to just put in thr Tracking-ID in the supposed field and guess what? It works fine. The line from above is changed into the commonly known:
<script type='text/javascript'>
var _gaq = _gaq || [];
_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-32361340-1']);
_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
(function() {
var ga = document.createElement('script');
ga.type = 'text/javascript';
ga.async = true;
ga.src = (document.location.protocol == 'https:' ?
'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
})();
</script>
So take a look at the source of your blog and use the field in the configuration if the code is already there.
No comments:
Post a Comment